Hair transplant need not be very expensive and painful as you imagine. The chances of scarring and side-effects of surgery as now minimal with the modern Hair Transplant procedures like FUT technique. Visit us today to know if your are a candidate for hair transplant and restoration surgery. Get and Appoint now.
Follicular Unit Transplantation / Hair Restoration
As practiced today has evolved from the work of Limmer Follicular unit are naturally occurring unit groups of one to four hair there are surrounded by a layer of connective tissue called perifolliculum .The use of these units exclusively to cover the involved area is now the standard technique.
This yields most natural appearing result. .
Ideal Candidate for Hair Transplant:
[A] IN MEN
- – This has is a characteristic distribution of hair loss with maniatursation. A family history of hair loss is supportive but not, necessary.
- – To be avoided in diffuse unpatterened alopecia
- – Generally 25 years and above.
- – Donor density needs to be assessed in extensive losses.
In post burn and post traumatic alopecia of scalp and face.
- The surgeon will asses skin quality and decide what procedure would be appropriate.
[B] IN FEMALE BALDNESS
There are two types of techniques for harvesting donor hair:
- This could be harvested as a strip or single follicles could be extracted and transplanted.
- (F.U.E.). The choice of technique depends on many factors besides patient wishes.
1. STRIP TECHNIQUE:
- Strip allows large volume harvesting from the most optimum site (i.e. site where future loss due to androgenic alopecia progressing is unlikely).
- It also allows future harvest from relatively untouched site.
- The draw back of the technique is a linear scar on the scalp.
2. F.U.E TECHNIQUE
- Patient who want to avoid scar on the scalp Those who wish to wear hair short .
- This technique requires the patient to have a relatively large donor area and fewer graft requirements.
- The surgeons will asses the Donor site, The requirement present, and future, Patient wishes Only then, plan out the harvest option, keeping treatment goal in mind.
- The procedure is gradually carried out under local anesthesia.
- If required some anxiolytic may be given to relax the patient.
PRE- OPERATIVE PREPARATION
- Routine blood investigation, ECG, and Chest X-Ray may be required.
- Special investigation if needed may be advised after consultation.
- Need to curtail smoking pre operatively itself to optimize surgical result.
- Use of topical Minoxidil may need to be curtailed.
- May need to switch over to a different hair piece, to prevent skin irritation.
- It is generally performed in sitting/lying position.
- The harvest is carried out with patient face down and graft inserted with patient in semi sitting or lying position depending on the area to be addressed.
POST- OPERATIVE PHASE
- The head is cleaned after the procedure is over.
- It is then dressed for a period of about 24 hours.
- Once the dressing is removed patient is requested to shampoo twice daily so that crust soften and slowly fall off.
- Avoid exercise that stretch neck.
PROBLEM AND COMPLICATION
- Poor growth
- Wide donor scar
- Facial swelling
- Shock loss (telogen effluvium)